Data Analyst/ Research Assistant
This position is part of the Research & Evaluation team. Our team of four collaborates together to support program evaluation, research, and reporting requirements for the organization. GtCNN is an equal opportunity employer and is actively seeking to increase the diversity of its workforce.
• Designs, modifies, and supports extensive data collection systems using Access, SQL, Excel and new tools as acquired
• Trains local program staff in support of data collection and database usage through on-line training modules, group training webinars and individualized technical assistance
• Coordinates multiple projects, including overseeing timelines of data submission and ensuring data quality to support program evaluation
• Identifies multiple methods for data collection and implements strategies to collect data from community colleges and school districts
• Works with national program staff to develop meaningful analyses for stakeholder and client reporting
• Communicates complex results to lay and research audiences
• Collaborates with the team to create meaningful monitoring metrics and evaluation results
• Coordinates successful completion of projects and ensures quality meets established goals
• Serves as contact for IT providers
• Other related duties which may be necessary to support GtCNN success
• This position is an individual contributor and does not have supervisory responsibilities
• Reports to Senior Manager of Research
• Master’s Degree in Social Science, Education, Human Development, Public Administration, Computer Science, Information Sciences, or other research oriented fields, OR comparable experience in the field.
• Proficiency in SQL, Access, and Excel
• Ability to effectively share results across multiple audiences with differing levels of education and expertise
• Strong independent problem solving skills
• Ability and willingness to travel nationally (less than 10%)
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and diverse team environment
• Proficiency in statistical software (such as stata, SPSS, SAS, R)
• Exposure to business and academic analytics a plus
• Experience in K-12 or college data systems
• Proficiency in business intelligence platforms such as Tableau
• Comfortable troubleshooting technology issues and coordinating with IT support providers
• Experience using GIS and spatial data
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
Majority of work is completed in a general office environment with exposure to moderate levels of noise in a well-lit, well-ventilated and fast paced environment; continuously required to read computer screen. Minimal travel (10% or less) is required; travel is national in scope requiring travel by air as well as driving; a valid driver’s license is required.
The starting annual salary for this position is between $40,000 - $45,000, consistent with professional experience and credentials. GtCNN offers a comprehensive benefits package. This is a full-time, exempt position located at the organization’s offices in Portland, Oregon.
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. This position is open until filled.