Development and Events Coordinator
Gateway to College National Network (GtCNN) is searching for a Development and Events Coordinator, with responsibilities to organize all aspects of GtCNN’s annual fundraiser, coordinate events and donor campaigns, and support the GtCNN President. This position is part of a five-person Development & Communications team.
GtCNN is a Portland-based education nonprofit organization with partner programs in 21 states. We support communities in building sustainable pathways for disconnected youth to a high school diploma and a meaningful college credential. More information about Gateway to College National Network is available at www.gatewaytocollege.org.
• Organizes all aspects of GtCNN annual fundraising dinner.
• Coordinates individual donor campaigns, donor renewals, and acknowledgment letters.
• Updates and maintains records in the GtCNN database.
• Coordinates communication with new members and renewals for GtCNN Presidents’ Council.
• Researches prospective donors in targeted regions, arranging meetings with GtCNN President and AVP External Relations, where applicable.
• Coordinates all logistics related to GtCNN events, including Board and Ambassador Council meetings, Gateway Gathering lecture series, donor events, and one-time events, as needed.
• Under the direction of GtCNN President, prepares materials for quarterly Board of Directors meetings.
• Supports GtCNN President on travel logistics and scheduling, and on special projects.
• Supports Director, Foundation Relations in donor research.
• Ensures accuracy, consistency and quality in GtCNN written materials.
• Other related duties which may be necessary to support GtCNN success.
• This position is an individual contributor and does not have supervisory responsibilities.
• Reports to Associate V.P., External Relations.
• Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in a similar position (ideally within a nonprofit organization).
• Demonstrated experience writing, editing, and proofreading documents for high-level audiences.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and database software.
• Demonstrated experience coordinating event logistics.
• Good creative thinking, planning, time management, project management, and organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work cooperatively in service of the organization’s mission.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
Majority of work is completed in a general office environment. Minimal travel (10% or less) is required; travel is national in scope requiring travel by air as well as driving.
The starting annual salary for this position is between $35,000 - $40,000, consistent with professional experience and credentials. GtCNN offers a comprehensive benefits package. This is a full-time, salaried position located at the organization’s offices in Portland, Oregon.
Gateway to College National Network does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.